By Pietro S. Geraci, Chair, Orange County New York Libertarian Party, Newburgh
It has been one year since the tragic death of George Floyd. If you watched with horror as the state murdered a man on the street, please don’t let your outrage turn into complacency. There is still much work to be done in order to ensure that this never happens again. Join us in our commitment to criminal justice reform to bring about a more peaceful America.
- Ending the War on Drugs
- Ending civil asset forfeiture
- Ending qualified immunity
- Ending prosecution for all victimless crimes, including drug possession and sex work
- Ending the militarization of police
- Abolishing the death penalty nationwide
- Requiring police officers to wear body cameras and have them switched on at all times
If you would like to see these ideas become reality, please join the local Libertarian Party at its next monthly meeting, June 10 at 7 p.m. at A Better Place Bar and Grill, located at 200 Rte. 32 in Central Valley.