NBNY Art Seen, a community initiative featuring galleries and art spaces in the City of Newburgh, is proud to announce the launch of its second season of monthly art walks. The art walks occur on the last Saturday of each month from April through October, coinciding with the Hudson Valley art season that runs from April through October.
NBNY ART SEEN offers viewers a chance to walk from art space to art space in and around the historic district of Newburgh on the cliffs of the Hudson River in the mid-Hudson Valley, taking in the historic architecture and blossoming restaurant and shopping areas. Currently participating are the Visitor Center, Ann Street Gallery, ADS / DAS Gallery Project Room, Grit Works, CMA Gallery at Mount Saint Mary College, the Mindy Ross Gallery at SUNY Orange Newburgh, Elijah Wheat Showroom and Holland Tunnel Gallery. NBNY Art Seen is excited about reflecting the diversity of art in the Newburgh community and is open to new participants.
The art walks run from 1 to 5 p.m. on the last Saturday of each month, and updates and special events can be found on the NBNY Art Seen website. Free city parking is available on Ann Street off of Liberty Street, and visitors can also reach the art walks by bus from the Beacon Train station. The organizers are hopeful that the MTA will extend the ferry service from the Beacon Train station to run on Saturdays in the near future.
On View for April 29, 2023:
• Visitor Center: ‘Provenance’ featuring works by Sophia De Jesus-Sabella, Soull Ogun, Patricia Orpilla, Sagarika Sundaram, and Mia Wright-Ross. Provenance presents contemporary artists who engage craft materials and traditions to consider intertwining notions of materiality, lineage, and identity.
• Grit Works Gallery: ‘Figures - Burden - Loneliness: Three Disciplines Merge to Create an Incredible Journey Through Life, Beautiful Lonely Places and Wild Beasts’ featuring Morris Shuman, David Patino and Davis Lionheart.
• ADS Gallery: ‘Hearts and Minds’ featuring paintings and sculptures by James Savage.
• Ann Street Gallery: ‘Cause We Be Complicated: Dialogues of Black Artists’ is a multi-media art exhibition conceived by Curators Jonette O’Kelley Miller and Karen E. Gersch. The exhibition features sixteen visual artists working in watercolor, acrylic, oil painting, photography, mixed media collage, sculpture, assemblage, archival ink, digital art, handmade books and documentary film.
• Mindy Ross Gallery at SUNY Orange Newburgh: Please see SUNY Orange website for info about upcoming exhibitions.
• CMA Gallery at Mount Saint Mary College: ‘A Place to Connect’ featuring works by Romina Gonzales and Jason Bauer.
• Elijah Wheat Showroom: ‘Amplifier’ featuring Marton Nemes’s works.
For more information, please visit newburghart.org/nbny-artseen.