Shopping for a dad or grad and need some cool gift ideas to impress your recipient? Check out these fun options:
1. Gift that keeps on giving. For a gift that keeps on giving, consider a subscription box that will deliver to your gift recipient’s doorstep, items that meet his or her hobbies, interests or taste. Whether it’s craft beers, hot sauce or ties, brand-new items each month will be a continual reminder of your love and admiration.
2. Time flies. Shopping for a frequent flier? For travelers, the gift of a connected timepiece will help them stay oriented as they make their way around the globe. Pair the Edifice ECB900DB with a smartphone by simply pressing a dedicated Bluetooth connection button. This will access the correct time for the current location for over 300 cities worldwide and update with the latest time zone and Daylight Saving Time information. Users also have the capability to swap their specified home time and world time with the press of a button, as well as update alarms and other time settings. By automatically syncing to a time server on the internet four times a day, with this thoughtful gift, your recipient will never miss a beat of their travels.
3. Gamer’s paradise. Gamers will love an upgrade to their set-up. One good choice, particularly for someone moving into a first apartment, is a LampFree projector from Casio’s SLIM series. Weighing in at just five pounds and only 1.7 inches thick, it comes equipped with a variety of innovative features at an affordable price and offers clearer colors and brighter images ideal for the visual world of gaming. An estimated 20,000 hours lifespan with minimal brightness degradation means this is a gift that will last. Each model is also fitted with a fully connectable interface, including three types of video and audio inputs, as well as HDMI, RGB and RS-232C terminals.
4. Take me out to the ballgame. Whether it’s a local team or the major leagues, tickets to a game makes a great gift and a day out rooting for your home team is a fun way to spend time together. Make a day of it by bringing along the whole family.
5. Music inspiration. Musical dads and grads just need the right equipment to get inspired and put together their own jams. For an affordable portable keyboard, consider Casio’s CT-X700, which features upgraded technology to faithfully reproduce the sound of acoustic instruments and appeal to musicians at all levels, while a fingering guide, lesson system and library of 100 built-in songs, makes this an especially good choice for beginners looking to learn at their own pace. (StatePoint)